At this year’s Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Mrs Formica-Schiller was invited to speak on “AI and Blockchain tackling the Pandemic: Science or Fiction”.
“The COVID-19 pandemic, the biggest challenge confronting healthcare systems worldwide since decades, has highlighted the urgent need for digital improvement,” said Nicole Formica-Schiller ahead of the Davos Digital Health Forum which took place on January 28, 2021.
Mrs Formica-Schiller was on the virtual stage sharing her extensive experience in Disruptive Technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Blockchain as well as digitalization at the intersection to healthcare and geopolitics. In particular, she provided deeper insights on:
- How these innovative digital solutions prove useful in tackling global challenges of current and future pandemics
- How Blockchain solutions provide the needed transparency to generate trust in a sustainable healthcare system
- If AI regulations will hinder digital acceleration
- If this future oriented digital transformation will result in a truly sustainable healthcare system
- What would the digital future strategy look like
“The pandemic made governments and its citizens explore the unknown and navigate uncertainties bringing the importance of healthcare to the forefront of geopolitics. In parallel, pragmatic solutions based on advanced technologies such as AI and Blockchain have emerged to help overcome this glpbal pandemic”, emphasized Nicole Formica-Schiller.
Mrs Formica-Schiller shared the stage with other industry experts like Ingmar Hoerr, CEO of CureVac and senior leaders from Google, Cisco, Sanofi, Stanford University etc.
Watch the full session here AI and Blockchain tackling the pandemic: Science or Fiction – YouTube .